Photos : Tiniest bride has her dream wedding with her over 6ft tall groom


1g

31 year old Amanda Fyfe had been born with Osteogenesis Imperfecta, a severe form of brittle bone disease, that stunted her growth at 2ft 8in.
Doctors even warned her devastated parents Geoff and Diana Moore that she was unlikely to live through the night after she was born. So getting married and having children were never really on Amanda’s radar.

Until she met 6ft 1in Steven who is 25 years old. She had never dared dream of saying “I do” in a church full of family and friends, but as her new husband carried her onto the dancefloor for their first dance, she realised she had finally found her happy ever after.
And, as he carried her on to the dancefloor to their favourite song – Heaven by DJ Sammy – Amanda realised her condition made her no different to any other happy bride on their big day.
She said:“It sounds cheesy but I really have found Heaven with Steven.
“When I was younger, I was so scared I wouldn’t be able to find a boyfriend because of my size. “But all my dreams have come true and I’ve met the perfect man. He’s never cared about my height and loves me the way I am.”
Although she was unable to stand on her big day it was proud dad Geoff who walked alongside her as she made her way down the aisle in her wheelchair to marry Steven.
Geoff said: “I’m very proud of what she has achieved. When I saw her looking amazing in her wedding dress, I was overwhelmed. It was one of the proudest moments of my life.”
The couple first met in 2007 when they worked for a taxi firm, but they did not date for two years.
Amanda said:
“At first, he irritated me. He was really sarcastic and always making silly jokes. But I warmed to him and we eventually agreed to go out. “I invited him round to mine. I didn’t want to go to the pub and have everyone staring at us because he was so much taller.
“First dates are stressful enough.
“I’d had a few relationships, but when I was younger I’d worried that I wouldn’t find a long-term partner as I looked different from all of my friends.
“We watched a film but he was quite shy and didn’t kiss me. I had to make the first move the next time we met up. “I joke that if I hadn’t, we still wouldn’t have got together as he’s so laid back. “We then started going out for dinner and going to pubs and clubs after we’d had a few dates at home. Some people looked at us, but we just ignored them.
“His mum was actually my boss at the taxi firm where we worked so I was a bit scared of what she would say when we got together. But she was really nice.
“I made Steven wait four weeks before we slept together. I was nervous, but he made me feel really at ease and comfortable and it was great.

Like the Post? Kindly share with your Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment