Read Prof. Jega's epic response to Orubebe this morning

After PDP party agent Godsday Orubebe created
an embarrassing scene at the collation centre in
Abuja this morning, trying to disrupt
announcement of results (read here) a very calm
Jega told him;
"Mr Orubebe, you are a former Minister of the
Federal Republic .You are a statesman in your
own right. You should be careful about what you
say or what allegations or accusations you make.
Certainly you should be careful about your public
conduct"
Jega's response to Orubebe has been hailed as
mature and worthy of praise. In fact, there's a
meaning for Jega now. 'Jega' - meaning - 'To be
inexplicably chilled in the midst of stupidity or
conflict" . lol. Prof Jega's full response after the
cut
"You have made two comments. One is that you
submitted a petition which I refused to accept.
Secondly you claimed that there was a result
released by the APC which you alleged that we
gave to them or I gave to them. With regards to
the first point, yesterday after we took the first
batch of results in this hall and as we declared a
recess until 4pm, as I was walking down back to
the office, my PA came to me and said that here
are some papers that Dr Bello Fadile, a
representative of the PDP said that he should
collect it; that I said Dr Fadile should give him
those papers. I told him that I didn't tell Dr Fadile
to give any papers to you. Return them to him
because Dr Fadile, after we declared for recess
came on to this platform. As a party agent, he is
not supposed to do that and gave some
documents to my PA who is writing results here.
and I am sure some of the agents and some of
the pressmen may have seen that and I told my
PA to take back those documents to him. If he
told you I told him to give you any documents, I
did not. Take them back to him, Subsequently, Dr
Fadile sent me a text message saying that there
are petitions and that he wants to submit them. I
told him we don't collect petitions on the
platform when we are declaring results and then
he said I should have left my office open so that
they can submit those petitions in my office. I
told him our secretary, the secretary to the
commission is not anywhere in this hall. She is in
her office and that her business is to receive
communication. If they are important enough, she
would bring them to me here. I have started
collation. I cannot be receiving petition in this hall
or in this platform. And when I replied that text
message, he replied again and said Okay, he will
see what he can do. I interpreted the text as he
was going to take that petition or whatever
document he has to the secretary of the
commission. As I speak with you now, I have not
received anything from the secretary to the
commission. That is regards to the issue of the
so called petition.
Regarding results published by APC on its
website, I do not give results to anybody. The
results were announced formally as INEC are
results declared here. And we have warned
everybody to be careful and to ensure that the do
not declare results which we have not officially
announced. So as far as I am concerned I have
not seen any results. I have not given anybody
any results. So for you to even engage me on that
issue I think frankly that is not fair to me. I have
not seen the results. How can I speak on
something that I have not seen. So please let us
be careful of what we say or do so that we do
not disrupt a process that has ended peacefully
and in a matter of hours we would be able to
finish it.". Jega said


Like the Post? Kindly share with your Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment