A 52-year-old grandmother, Funke Adamson, has claimed her baby daughter was born clutching white ‘Ileke’ (Yoruba name for beads) in her hands.

Funke, who is a traditional believer, said she was delivered of the baby that has now been defined by many as a “miracle child” on Monday, May 11, at a Trado-medical home in Apapa, Vanguard reports.

The mother said: “I received a message from an Osun Custodian who said that a child is on the way for me. I didn’t believe him. I didn’t realize until the baby was three and half month old when I began to experienced flow of membranous fluid.”

It was learnt that Funke and her husband, Hamzat Adamson, 63, never intended to have a baby at this time.

Some sources said that the mother had already entered menopause. The girl was named Bukola.

On the marks exposed during her pregnancy, Funke stated that prior to her discovery, she could not sleep well for two months.

“So I started praying before I later discovered that I was pregnant. Also, while trying to open a perfume, it caught fire, which made me suffer severe burns. After discovering the pregnancy, I couldn’t sleep without having a dream. In these dreams, I often found myself sitting at the shore,”the mother continued.

She clarified that the traditional doctors who attended to her told her that they found the baby clutching white ‘Ileke’.

Funke said: “When I heard this, I was afraid. I told them to inform my husband for any possible solution. Rather than demand that they discard the beads, he said they should be kept. After regaining my strength I removed the beads and tied it on her wrist.”

Her husband said: “I was surprised when I saw the baby delivered holding beads in his hands. But I realized that the beads are important and that was why we have decided not to throw it away.”

Likewise, Rashidat Ojesanmi, the Osun overseer who gave the family the vision, added: “I was consulting the deities when I got the revelation that she would be blessed with a unique gift, which I told her. But she didn’t believe. Later, when the revelation was further revealed that she will be blessed with an important child, she declined, saying that she cannot conceive at her age.

“She said so because of the family planning she had earlier done and considering her age. But as prophesied, few months later, she called me and told me of the signs she discovered.”

A midwife, Adenike Adeyemo, described the case as one out of ten cases, saying“it is rare to have such cases because at this age, the woman may have entered menopause stage.”

A similar case occurred in Ibadan, when the mother claimed that her son was born clutching a pocket-size Qur’anin his hand.

The baby’s mother went to give birth at a church because she was afraid of hospital bills.

She told reporters that her boy was unique, because the mini Qur’an included all the 114 chapters in the holy book.


Like the Post? Kindly share with your Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment